Car Maintenance in Winter and Summer
There are a number of simple rules, following which, you can maintain the excellent condition of your car for as long as possible. Regardless of whether you use a car or a truck, following these simple steps, you can reduce repair costs and increase the efficiency of all units and components of the car, as well as affect fuel consumption.
- Check the engine air filter regularly. If it is old and clogged with dirt, the engine will not be able to "breathe" properly, which will complicate its operation and lead to increased fuel consumption. Replacing the air filter is easy and inexpensive.
- Monitor the condition of the tires. If the pressure is lower than recommended by the manufacturer, the contact area with the road increases and there is excessive friction, rolling resistance increases, which loads the engine and leads to an increase in fuel consumption.
- Adjust wheel alignment. If the installation angle is not correct, the friction will increase, which will increase the load on the engine, which will increase the fuel consumption.
- It is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of the brake system - brake discs and pads. Worn brakes pose a threat to you, your passengers and other road users. And it is recommended to change the brake fluid approximately every two years.
- Refrain from making changes to the vehicle. This can increase fuel consumption. For example, body kits increase vehicle mass and drag coefficient, while large tires increase rolling resistance.
- Unplug electrical equipment when not in use. Heated windows, air conditioning, multimedia systems: all this leads to additional energy consumption, which means - to an increase in fuel consumption.
- Remove all unnecessary items from the car. Additional weight affects vehicle stability and fuel consumption. Do not overload the car in excess of the established norm.
- Observe the instructions of the vehicle manufacturers. The recommendations for servicing your car model, presented in the operating instructions, will tell you which consumables to use and how often to carry out maintenance work on the machine.
- Observe driving habits and avoid idling the engine. You should choose the optimal speed mode without sudden accelerations. Driving at higher or lower speeds leads to wear on parts, and frequent hard braking can lead to breakdowns.
- Observe the engine oil level and observe the oil change intervals. Use engine oil as recommended by the car manufacturer. Mobil ™ lubricants are suitable for a variety of vehicles. Depending on the viscosity and performance properties, different Mobil products can be used in both passenger cars and light duty and commercial vehicle engines. There are Mobil oils that are great for extreme operating conditions, for use in high-mileage vehicles, or for fuel savings.