7 Effective Ways to Reduce Your Fuel Budget
Is your car expensive for gas? There are proven ways to reduce your fuel budget while using your car.
1. Inflate your Tires:
A single under-inflated tire can increase fuel consumption by 4%.
- Check the pressure when the tires are cold - when the vehicle has been stationary for at least three hours or when you have driven less than two kilometers).
- Don't forget the spare tire.
2. Travel Light:
Avoid unnecessary charges. Riding with roof racks raises the bill at the pump.
- Better profiled, the roof box reduces the bill a little, but not significantly.
3. Adjust the Air Conditioning:
To lower the temperature in the passenger compartment by 8 ° C, your fuel bill goes up by 15% for a gasoline engine and 20% for diesel.
- These percentages, observed on the road, double in town.
4. Know When and Where to Refuel:
Check daily gas prices online.
- There you will find indications on the realistic price of gasoline, taking into account the price paid by the retailer and the reasonable margin that it should take.
- This price is determined daily, for each region of the province.
- If the price at the pump is equal to or less than the realistic price, refuel immediately.
- If it is higher than the realistic price, avoid refueling by limiting yourself to the minimum necessary.
5. Close the Windows:
Four windows open can cost five cents per 100 kilometers.
- As soon as you're on the road, close them and use the car's interior vents.
To divide your costs by two, three or four, visit carpool websites.
- You will find all the information you need to enjoy the benefits of carpooling, as a driver or as a passenger.
7. Dare to Car-Sharing:
Some companies make their vehicles available exclusively to their subscribers.
- You access a fleet of cars that can be rented at low prices by the half-hour, by the hour, by the day, according to your needs.
- Located in the heart of your neighborhood, these cars are available without delay, seven days a week.
In short, if you want to reduce your gas bill, follow these tips and get the most out of your car without paying top dollar.