4 Things To Check Before Going On A Car Vacation
The year-end holidays will soon arrive, for those of you who plan to travel by private car, you should do car maintenance and do some checks in advance to avoid unwanted events. And it is still advised that people who want to go on vacation must follow strict health protocols so they are not exposed to Covid-19 after returning from vacation. Carrying out car maintenance is always considered as something that must be done when owning a vehicle. Especially if the vehicle that you have is a used car or a car that is quite old. Periodic car maintenance or routine service is important because it aims to maintain the condition of the car so that it is always in prime condition when traveling for short or long distances. Cars that are used to drive long distances will usually experience a trip that is identical to traffic jams, so a car that is usually turned on for about 8-10 hours a day can turn into 20-24 hours. This causes the engine and car components to be forced to the maximum stage, imagine what will happen when one of your car components is damaged in the middle of the road. Therefore, thorough car maintenance is very important!
In-car maintenance there are several important points in checking, namely:
- Check for tire grooves and leaks
- Appropriate air pressure, usually there is a recommendation sticker on the driver's door
- Do spooring and balancing if necessary
- Rotate the tires if necessary
- Spare tires must be in optimal condition
- For prevention, we can fill auto-fill fluid in every tire that can be purchased at automotive stores.
- Checking brake oil for the amount of oil and the suitability of using the oil
- Brake lining check can only be done by experts
In a series of car maintenance, suspension checks are divided into 2
- Check for damper leaks
- Suspension rubber mount check
4. Engine Oil:
When car maintenance is carried out, the oil must be replaced with high-quality and heat-resistant oil, because with jammed conditions the engine will automatically become hotter, low-quality oil will evaporate more easily and the oil content will be damaged. There are many videos online that explain the comparison between quality oil and ordinary oil.
Those are 4 important points for checking vehicles that you need to pay attention to when you want to go on vacation using a private vehicle.