3 ways to Enjoy an Awesome Travel Experience at a Low Price
With these tips, you can save on your expenses to better enjoy your trip and accumulate memories of a lifetime. Here is how to do it.
1. By Bus:
The bus is one of the cheapest ways to travel long distances within Canada or beyond and there are several ways to save on tickets.
- By purchasing your ticket seven to 14 days in advance with some coach companies, you benefit from reduced fares.
- Invite a friend or relative to accompany you on your trip to benefit from a 75% discount with certain companies. Remember, however, that you must book at least three days in advance.
- Most people know about student discounts, but everyone over 62 automatically gets a 10% discount.
2. Don't Derail:
Relaxed train travel offers many benefits for those in no rush: legroom, room for heavy luggage, and freedom of movement for little ones who find it difficult to sit still.
- It is advisable to book in advance as the economy rates tend to disappear quickly in high season.
- Many companies have special offers, often aimed at the elderly or families.
3. Smart Car Rental:
It is worth taking a chance on booking the cheapest car available.
- As these cars are limited in number, the rental agency is sometimes able to offer you a ranking. If they offer you an upgrade, make sure you don't pay more, especially if you booked in advance by credit card.
- About 20% of all consumers routinely take rental car insurance when the chances are they are covered by their own car insurance or credit card and therefore pay $ 7 unnecessarily. at $ 30 per day extra.
- To find out if you need insurance, contact your insurance or credit card company.
- Most car rental companies charge a 24-hour rate. If you rent your car on Tuesday and return it on Wednesday, you will only be charged one day, but only if you return it within 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, most companies charge an hourly rate for the next three to four hours. If you return the car a few hours late, you are usually charged an extra day.
- Car rental rates vary by 50% or more depending on the agency, even if they are located in the same location.
- To get the best deal, book your car at least a week in advance, and even more in high season.
- The Internet is a great place to compare car rental rates.
Traveling by land is one of the easiest ways to save money while traveling in Canada or the United States. These simple tips, which can become even more economical, allow you to spend your agent at your destination and not just on the trip.